Tips to Protect Your Computer and Notebook
- Protect your password
- Disable unnecessary file sharing
- Run Windows Update - to get the latest updates available for your computer's operating system, software, and hardware.
- Install Window XP SP2 – This will add new functionality to Windows XP, including an enhanced firewall, improved Wi-Fi support with a wizard utility, a pop-up ad blocker for Internet Explorer, and Bluetooth support. It also includes a new API to allow third party virus scanners and firewalls to interface with a new security Centre application, which provides a general overview of security on the system. This helps to suppress spyware and viruses.
- Install and update your Anti virus
- Do not install P2P software – worm and hacking activities can propagate through P2P file-sharing software.
- Why your PC runs slow ? – fragmentation and deceptive software (like adware and spyware ) are among the cause of slow running of PC.Take the step to defragment and install Spybot Search and Destroy and Ad-Aware to identify and remove spyware.
Find more tips... (internal users only)